Friday, October 17, 2008

Busy, busy. But all about houses!


I had my scheduled day off today, and pretty much hit the ground running after finally waking up (very strange dreams last night, BTW). The morning was all about being little Suzie Homemaker. I washed the kitchen counters, did 3 loads of laundry, dusted some things that sorely needed it (although that only covers about 5% of the things in the house that need dusting), made the bed in the guest room, and then met my friend Chris for some pho.

After lunch, I went to my house, admired the new drywall, and miraculously found my receipts for the too-yellow glass tiles. I was hoping to find some white and do an exchange, but when I asked for help, the guy started looking at my tile samples and somehow talked me out of using glass tiles at all, since the marble is so busy with fossils. He then convinced me that it would be cool to cut the fossil tiles down and distribute them in a random pattern (I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but it will be art). So, danger ahead. I did a bit of a layout using my original plan and he's right, it will look weird. So tomorrow I may be cutting some down.

I then used my fan-of-2000-colors and selected about 7 that might be good in the bathroom. I meant to go to HD and get samples, but came back to Kent's on autopilot. Oops. He has been doing house stuff too (cleaning out the garage, doing a Goodwill run, severely cutting back the overgrown juniper out front). We've got to get cleaned up, scrounge up some dinner, and go get some paint samples.

The next two days are slated for electrical work and me working my tub enclosure tile layout. And a work volleyball league banquet. The swinging fun never stops around San Francisco...

By the way, here is the junction box that appeared during demo. The wire going right is the one worrying me. The wire nut was added when they found the bare wires, to make sure no one is accidentally zapped.

No comments: