Sunday, June 28, 2009

The plan for the week

1. pack for Houston
2. fly to Houston first thing tomorrow morning. Work on plane.
3. prep for Tuesday meeting
4. try to sleep at a decent Houston time
5. run meeting using new system. try not to freak out if there is not enough time.
6. return to San Francisco Tuesday night. Work on plane.
7. prep for Wednesday meeting
8. run meeting using new system. try not to freak out if there is not enough time.
9. go to gym
10. come home and collapse.

Sounds fun, right? And that's only through Wednesday! Fortunately it is a government-mandated short week.

The weekend was, as usual, jam packed. I had my cracked window pane repaired on Friday, taped off glass and my floor before painting the trim, and Kent and I met Lani for lunch, then went looking at rings. FYI, the SF Diamond Exchange really is a deal. We saw a setting like the one we liked at Tiffany, and were told by the friends that had referred us that the price would be about half. It was more like a third. (!!!) I have it narrowed down to two options now, and will let you know when I figure it out! Hmmm, this is similar to choosing tile.

I spent 12 hours at my house yesterday, painting the trim, and doing touch-up with a little art brush. I had hoped getting the windows done early would help them not to stick when they were closed 9 hours after the last coat was applied, but alas, it didn't quite work out as planned. I went back to the house today to try and reassemble the living room, but only got so far since my heavy lifter didn't show up. I did some other small things - changing out some outlets, putting wall art and the curtain rods back up, consolidating my painting gear, but gave up around 7. I should do laundry now so I can at least check off item 1.

By the way, Rich, I got your package, thanks! I never expected such a cheerful-looking voodoo doll! We're debating putting it in one of the windows facing the Crazy House. :)

No comments: