Saturday, September 19, 2009

Busy Dee

I'm feeling tired but a little better today. Kirk came over and helped me put up not only the trim around the door to the back yard, but ALL the missing half round baseboard trim in the house! SCORE! I spent the rest of the day priming patches, applying painter's caulk (and am glad Kent is in Vegas because I got tired of caulk jokes before he has), priming new trim, and mooshing wood putty into door and window frames.

Again, it pains me to see the house looking so nice and polished, since I won't get to enjoy it myself. I guess I'll have to start projects sooner in the new house to enjoy them properly. But not immediately (a renovation moratorium is still in effect).

Tomorrow will also be busy (surprise...). I plan to get up early, test this mystery key to see if it is really the master key for Kent's truck, load up Kent's truck with boxes of books and maybe some art, go to SF, and dump out the book boxes and have the house re-keyed. After that, I will go back to my house and paint all the new half round trim, finish up any patches in the back bedroom, do some touch up painting, and if I'm feeling sprightly will either pack up the kitchen, or take down the bolted wall art and start patching those holes up.

I'll be working long hours this week, and house stuff in the evenings. However, since we're moving on the 29th, not the 26th, that gives us two whole weekend days to finish packing.

Mom and Dad called today - to set everyone's mind at rest, I do not literally bleed from the ears when I get really stressed out. It's a (kind of) joke we use at work. The eyeball joke is worse... but I digress. I just need to stop thinking about everything that needs doing, and just focus on one thing at a time to keep from feeling so overwhelmed.

Also, Kent called from Vegas. Apparently UW won a long shot game today and he and other alumni are beside themselves. My helpful response: "Meh."

2 comments:

Creekwalker said...

It is a shame that you won't be living in your house after having done all that work on it. I certainly hope that you make a profit on its sale taking into consideration all that you've spent. For what it's worth, the house on Columbia opposite the south Granby side corner recently went on the market for $193,000. I have no idea what, if anything, has been done inside.

I think Mom was taking you literally about the ears; I got the ears, but also thought of the eyes.

For what it's worth, Mines, 51; Ft. Lewis, 10.

Derende said...

Yeah, I can't bear for the house to get much prettier.

Not to worry - if I was literally bleeding from pretty much anywhere on my head, I'd be seeking medical treatment first and blogging about it later!

I need more water. Hefting boxes of books around today - I'm going to feel it tomorrow.