Sunday, October 24, 2010

six weeks of stuff

OK, I knew I was being inconsistent in blogging.  But more than 6 weeks dark?  Shameful!  There's been a lot going on, mostly work, and that's going to get worse before it gets better.  I've usually been spent by the weekend, so aside from events where we have already agreed to go, I haven't been doing all that much.
One of the things we did was go to Sabrina's wedding up in Calistoga.  The location, event, and key players were all beautiful.  It's funny that I've been finding weddings more interesting since I started planning one.  Oh, it's not that I didn't care for them, but now I'm noticing all of the details that I never really gave much thought before - the music, the specific decorations, the cake, the details of dress.  And how the whole tells a story about the couple.  Also, how much more detail pretty much everyone is putting into the events than I did!

As for using downtime to try and recharge, yesterday was a case in point.  It was rainy, I was tired, and I didn't even manage to get to the dry cleaner's.  I just stayed in all day and read and watched horror movies.  Oh, and I had a nap.  FYI do not bother with "House on Haunted Hill", it's ridiculous.  Also?  the Saw movies are gruesome.  Today I've been doing a little better; I made it to SFMOMA, and I'm making a big crock pot of black bean soup, but I'm also back watching the horror.

Since it's October, there are horror movies aplenty for your pleasure.  I've been learning a lot.
1. Kevin Bacon was in "Friday the 13th".
2. There was a movie I saw in the dorm basement freshman year that had a scene where a girl preparing for a hot date took off black panties and replaced them with brown ones.  We thought that was hilarious.  the movie was on again last week: "Friday the 13th part II"  Mystery solved!  Also, it was silly.
3. I knew this already but reconfirmed, "28 Days Later" could have been WAY better.  Note to writers, if you have someone with a rage virus that makes them attack anything that moves, you will only have one left alive in any one place, they will not run in packs. 

I will totally be watching "The Walking Dead".  Now that Mad Men is over, and there's no sign yet of the next Breaking Bad, I need something to watch, and I do like the zombie stories.  I hope it's good.

I've also been doing a little light artwork.  More details to follow, I don't want to ruin any surprises!

I have a couple of ideas for actual focused posts - I just need to get it together and get myself writing again!  But first, I must find some time to put together a costume for a "sci fi horror" themed party next weekend.  I'm kind of at a loss.  I think I know what I'll be doing with my hair, but it's too late to make anything with good tentacles, so I'll see what I can dig up next week.  Any suggestions, leave them in the comments!

I'll be back...

No comments: