Monday, May 11, 2009

One of the signs of the Apocalypse

So, it's like this... and it has to be said like this because it's what my internal voice sounds like...

KENT AND I ARE ENGAGED!!

Whew! That's mostly stunned disbelief in the caps, BTW. The families know (there was a lot more screaming than usual in the Mother's Day phone calls this year), and I'm at the point now where I think I can say it out loud without flinching. But it's still really weird.

There's no ring yet, and no date set, etc. I'll have more of the story later but will leave you here with a short conversation that I had with Kent a couple of weeks ago:

me: So, you're sure you want me for a wife?
Kent: Well, yeah, because then you have to do whatever I tell you!

(I fell off the couch laughing before that sentence was even finished. He may be in for some disappointment).

6 comments:

Creekwalker said...

I'm surprised he said that at all in light of the time you've spent together. You should have popped him!

Derende said...

It's OK, he was joking. He couldn't finish the sentence without laughing, either. He knows his place. :)

Lynn @ human, being said...

congrats Dee. Wonderful news!

And now you have yet another way to spend $15k :D.

Here's to eternal happiness with your mate!

Lynn

Derende said...

Lynn- thanks!

And, Oy, I haven't even thought about budget yet. There are lots of things I'd like to spend on, and no winning lottery ticket in sight yet, although I have a good feeling about the next $50MM jackpot. :)

Anonymous said...

I’m finally catching up on things, and I’ve read your entry about this engagement, congratulations. Is there a Burning Man wedding ceremony in the works?

Derende said...

Rich, it will probably be next year, 1Q or maybe 2Q.