Sunday, May 11, 2008

Shuffle Meme

I saw this over on Samurai Frog (one that dad likes to read - this guy is a prolific writer) and found his so funny I had to try this myself. Here are the rules:

1. Put your iTunes/ music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must put down the song name no matter what. (note: I cheated a little here since I have some things with labels like "track 3" of Unknown Album - if that came up I'd do another forward)

And here we go!

What would best describe your personality?
"Big Indian" The Dandy Warhols.
Huh?

What do you like in a guy/girl?
"We Need Jealousy" Marc Almond.
I promise, I find this much more tiring than alluring.

How do you feel today?
"Good Day" Luce.
Nice!

What is your life's purpose?
"Barbarella [Deep Dish Mix]" Sven Vath.
Um. OK.

What is your motto?
"Hunter" Bjork.
So... let's see... if you want something you have to go after it, maybe?

What do your friends think of you?
"Did It In a Minute" Hall & Oates.
Is this good or bad?

What do you think of your parents?
"Deuce" the Cardigans
Hmmm, I think this one was a miss - a post-breakup song?

What do you think about very often?
"the World Doesn't Know" Tilt
It's really better that you don't.

What do you think of your best friend?
"Fingertips" They Might Be Giants (the one that goes "something got a hold of my hand, I didn't know what grabbed my hand, but there's where all my troubles began")
So, I blame my troubles on my best friend? I should examine whether it's correlation or causation.

What do you think of your crush?
"Lonely Summer Nights" the Stray Cats
Ouch!

What is your life story?
"Hairdresser on Fire" Morrissey
If you take the lyrics "and you're always busy, really busy" into account, that might work.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
"Jin Go Lo Ba" Fatboy Slim.
Apparently, I want to bounce around yelling "Jin goooooooo, jin go lo ba ba, lo ba ba, lo ba ba!" And you can bet when I'm independently wealthy, I will do it.

What do you think when you see your crush?
"Hit Music" Pet Shop Boys
Slight miss on this one - although I do think of the PSB song "Shopping" every time I tell myself I need to do some shopping.

What do your parents think of you?
"Sister of Night" Depeche Mode
HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!!!! Which of my sisters is Night??

What do strangers think of you?
"fingertips" They Might be Giants (the birdlike repetition of "Please pass the milk, please").
So, that I'm birdlike and repetitive? Could be worse.

How's your love life?
"Home [Air Round the Golf Remix]" Depeche Mode.
Actually, it's not quite this languorous. Or scary ("the gauge of the deadliest trap ever laid"?)

What will they play at your funeral?
"Force 51" Austin Leeds
Upbeat!

What will you dance to at your wedding?
"Closedown" The Cure
At least I won't have to worry about tripping over my feet at this tempo.

What is your hobby/interest?
"Nothing to Say" Chris Isaak
Accepting breakups? I've given this up.

What's your biggest secret?
"Ode to Boy" Yaz
My fascination with watching crying boys? Yeesssssss, that's my biggest secret....

What do you think of your friends?
"All Through the Years" erasure
That's fitting!

What song do you listen to when you are sad?
"The Richest Man in Babylon" Thievery Corporation
I guess I am sad at cocktail parties.

In love?
"Ruined in a Day" New Order
HAAA HA HA HA HA!

What song do you air guitar to?
"Tragedy" Marc Almond
Good, I need an introspective one. I'm too self conscious to let a big air guitar solo rip.

What should be your signature karaoke song?
"Perception" Cass and Slide.
No vocals? Perfect.

What is your greatest desire?
"Walking Man" from Buddha Bar Nature.
I guess it has something to do with the sitar. Or travel?

What does next year have in store for you?
"Charlie M" Space
I am going to have a lot of confusion.

What's your outlook on life?
"Everywhere that I'm Not" Translator
My ipod DOES know me!

How will you die?
"Dig My Grave" They Might be Giants
Mysterious.

Do people secretly lust after you?
"Dirt Bike" They Might be Giants .
Wait, is that a yes or no?

The best advice you will ever get?
"Ship of Fools" erasure
"One and one were two, two and two were four."

No comments: