Kent and I saw the movie "Young@Heart" tonight. I thought it would be interesting (I've seen some of their stuff on YouTube - "My Generation"), and it turned out to be quite a touching and funny film. Footage of the rehearsals is included, as are stage performances, and some of the singers' home lives. Also, some music video like things. There was a mash-up of "Road to Nowhere" and "Shout" which was entertaining, but my favorite is "I Wanna Be Sedated":
A couple of the singers, especially a guy named Fred, have fantastic voices. The rest are OK voices but it's obvious they're having a great time out there performing. And yes, there were two parts where I cried. I'm becoming sappier as I get older.
I would not want the chorus director's job.
All in all a fun movie. If you don't like theaters, this one would do just as well on DVD, especially if you have a good sound system.
No comments:
Post a Comment