So, I've spent pretty much my whole weekend waiting for something to happen. And for whatever reason (obfuscation, remember the posts from February when I was here for equipment inspections), nothing happened. In fact, feed in won't occur for another day. So I think my grand achievement this weekend was making some process recommendations for something that may happen by the end of the week.
Woo.
On the other hand, since we were actually in the refinery waiting, instead of in the hotel waiting, I have accumulated 2 days of comp time. The other experienced guy arrived last night so I'm going home today. Since comp time is not available for work travel, I'll be taking Tuesday to recover, which is a little consolation.
Now what to do with the comp time later... hmmm hmm hmmmmmmmm.
In other food news, I had bibimbop (ho idea how to spell this but that's how it sounds - BEE-bim-bop) in a stone bowl. It's rice and lots of vegetables, and a little beef and some chili sauce. The presentation is nice but when you get it you're supposed to mix it all up. It's served in a hot stone bowl, so it sizzles for quite a while and you end up with crispy rice. Fun, tasty, and interactive - all pluses for food as far as I'm concerned! The refinery cafeteria lunch yesterday also had a side dish of teeny tiny anchovies in a salty sweet sauce. As long as you didn't look too closely at their tiny faces they were delicious.
This week I'll be in CA - watch for a jet lag post soon! Next week: Houston.
2 comments:
That sounds delicious. I can't do anchovies though.
Welcome Marie! You are my first non-family comment!
The anchovies were far less scary than what you can get here - didn't have that distinctive flavor. Whew. When traveling it's pretty common to get a surprise with the local cuisine, I was happy this one worked out.
Post a Comment