DID YOU KNOW: that only the first of a cow's four stomachs is thick enough to chop up, cook and eat on its own? The fourth is so thin that it's only good for soup.
I learned this today when the division boss where the startup is happening took us and the sulfur plant guys to lunch - where the house specialty was cow stomach. I'd been expecting the honeycomb tripe, but it was meaty chunks. I think one of my coworkers got a picture, so if I get it I'll post it. All in all it didn't taste bad at all. But I didn't try one of the sections of intestine. Stuffed with something which may have come directly from the cow. Eww.
Nothing much is happening on the startup yet - the real excitement gets going at about the same time I have to leave. But that doesn't prevent us from having 2-1/2 hour meetings to talk about this and that!
I'm hiding out in my room this evening. Too much talking today, I need some quiet time. Plus with jet lag I will be sleeping early.
More soon...
BTW I think the final soup and rice course had pieces of cow stomach #4. just a theory.
2 comments:
In resopnse to paragraph #2 -- sausage comes to mind, though around here that's all pig.
BTW, like the new look -- you've been busy palying.
Post a Comment